Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The last two months in bullets.

I'm an erratic blogger, I know. I started with some vigor, but got off track with all the travel we've been doing and uncertainty as to how long we'll stay in Madrid. So many times I've been right in the middle of a moment and I'll think, I need to blog about this, but then I forget. Or I opt to nap instead. Anyway here it is in bullets: 1) We were told about a month ago that we'll be staying in Madrid at least until early spring. If it comes to that, I hope we'll be able to talk them into staying until summer 2011 because we enrolled Brodie into what I hope will be just the right school for her. It's called Madrid Montessori and we have very high hopes. It won't be easy getting there and back as it involves a bus ride, with a stroller and then some walking. That's not even factoring weather, but we think it's worth it. 2) I've done something to my wrist (maybe ligaments) that prevents me from doing yoga or heavy lifting. After about 3 weeks of this, I'm getting really cranky and soft and turning to food for comfort. I'm not joking - I JUST ate TWO croissants. Giant ones. 3) The summer sales have it! It's great! 4) Since May and not counting the Baltic cruise, we've traveled to Asturias and the Sierras, this weekend we're going to the beach near Valencia and next weekend we're going to the Pyrenees Mountains with some friends. It's so amazingly hot here, it really is best to get out of the city when possible. 5) I'm going home to McAllen on Aug. 12th! I can't wait to be in my home where I was raised and spend time with my mom and my girls!!! I look forward to: a good haircut, eating proper Mexican food, grilling on the patio, eating proper barbecue, sleeping in turbo air-conditioning, driving, and shopping at Target. That's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2010

    I am still thinking of a party for you...with proper Mexican food. My heart heals easier with loved ones around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target! Awesome :)
    I'm not so secretly hoping that now with the move out to the east coast we can make a European adventure happen while you all are still in Madrid!!
    Damon and I talk about this often.
    Anyhow, good to hear you're enjoying your life! I personally thought about you a ton when making the huge decision to pick up the family and move. And for me to finally get some time to focus completely on being a full time mama in a totally new place without knowing a single soul. I'm excited for the adventure and can't wait to just slow down.....
    Take care!!
    Meaghan

    ReplyDelete