Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Sabine!

Today is Miss Sabine's first birthday and to celebrate we're making a cake and having a party! I must confess, though, that the cake was made using a Duncan Hines box mix (I stumbled onto this tiny place that sells American and English food products.) As much as I like an old fashioned cake made from scratch, I have to say I truly LOVE Duncan Hines cakes - I find them yummy and comforting. Other food I find comforting that probably gross out others include, grilled cheese sandwiches made with Kraft American cheese, Ranch Style beans in the black can (you know the one), Aunt Jemima instant pancake mix and syrup, Campbell's tomato soup, Kraft macaroni and cheese in the blue box with the cheese pouch (not powder - that would require milk!) and well, you get the picture. Anyway, tonight we'll have our Moroccan neighbor, Touria, over as well as Andres and Julieta whose birthday we celebrated with midnight karaoke last weekend. It will be a small and humble party, but we're excited nonetheless! Don't worry Sabine, we'll have a Barbie/Princess/Fairy-stravaganza next year! I'm kidding - I hope. I'll post party photos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment